First stage and target for the end of July is:
- List all missing parts and instigate searches through contacts / eBay etc.
- Establish new parts / panels required for the body and decide on procedure
- Reference body to chassis with measurements and "pin hole" reference points etc.
- Remove Body and fit to temporary chassis jig.
- Decide on process to take complete body back to bare metal and instigate
- Deliver bare metal body to body shop for long term (1 Year ?) process
- Prepare workshop for next stage - Chassis strip.
So - Looking at the list above, finding the missing parts will be ongoing which takes us to an appraisal of the body - just how good is it? (note the glass half full approach)
|From the A post forward every panel is straight and solid with a |
little surface rust here and there. Some filler around bumper mounting
bolt holes, but bulkhead, wings and headlamp pods are excellent.
|Near side shut face pillar is in a pretty bad way, less so on off side.|
|I suspect that the sills are "fastened" to the B post with filler / bondo |
Rear-most inner part of both sills also rusted through.
|Bottom 12 inches of tonneau panel perforated - both sides|